Carefully selected kiln-dried Southern pine, precise engineering and experienced production crews come together at Structural Wood Systems to give your designs beauty and longevity.
Our engineered timbers have become hallmarks in some of America’s most impressive architectural achievements. Undoubtedly, they offer expanded possibilities for creative expression. “Factory grown” to your exact specifications, laminated timbers are also particularly appropriate when you have specific structural or budgetary considerations:
- Laminated timbers provide long, clear spans without interior support. False ceilings and other framing cover-ups are eliminated.
- Laminated timbers offer excellent stress levels, thermal and electrical insulating qualities, and a superior ability to absorb shock. They are less affected by thermal expansion and contraction than other popular building materials.
- Laminated timbers are naturally resistant to corrosion, and may be pressure-treated with preservatives for wet use conditions. Properly installed and used, they last indefinitely.
- Laminated timbers may be factory-finished in a variety of decorative textures and colors, then wrapped in protective covering and transported to your project site.
- Laminated timbers usually can be installed by local labor using mobile equipment and hand tools.